Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
Mine are stock, but I thought this went back and forth several years ago...with the end interpretation being bushings are free. I could be mistaken. I thought it was around the whole spherical "bushings" and "air bushing" era.

From the GCR;
bushing- a sleeve or tubular insert, whose purpose is to reduce the dimension(s) of an existing hole. A protective liner that cushions noise, friction, or movement such as a rod end or spherical bearing.

The suspension section clearly states bushing material is unrestricted as we all know.

The brake section states that brake linings are unrestricted....what's the difference between a liner and a lining?:cool: Brake connectors are unrestricted. Isn't a connector something that "connects" the something to something else? As in the caliper to the car? Seeing how lining and connector aren't defined in the GCR I'm unsure.

I think this subject is pretty gray...as I stated before mine are stock so don't be a hater....just posing a counterpoint.

R
I find that all to be a ridiculously tortured interpretation.

A brake lining is the actual brake pad/shoe material. The "connector" being referred to is the hydraulic connector. That entire paragraph is about hydraulics. Context matters.

Not even remotely gray in my opinion.