Thread: IT National? Anyone else have this experience at a driver's meeting this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
    IT cars ARE 70% of ALL entries for Club racing.
    Some silly statements need correction. In 2007, all IT class entries (including those such as IT Truck which are region-specific classes not recognized in the GCR) totaled 6293. All regional entries were 22540 and all national entries were 9988. Thus, IT entries were 28% of regional entries and were 19% of all Club Racing entries.

Dave

Thumbs down

I did not check your numbers but they seem to ring true with what I remember from a SportsCar a few months ago.

IT Entires at 6293 is significant. 63% as large as the ENTIRE National Program and we're only talking about IT. The entire Regional Racing Program dwarfs the National Program.

To get the true picture I think you need to break down the National numbers. If I recall correctly Spec Miata (a former regional program) and SRF make up most of the National entires. Without SM the National program would be hurting worse than it already is.

I see this proposed move the way jjjanos sees it - Topeka wants to grab some of what IT has to offer. One way or another IT won't be the same if this comes to pass.

Ron