Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CMP Memorial Monster

My laps is up but Saturday was:

Eckerich-Young-Parrish-McCandless

Sunday:

Eckerich-Parrish-McCandless-Young

Ron threw a rocker on Saturday, on Sunday qualled 3rd but spun early. Harold Corbin was fifth both days I think.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

i want pictures, video, or audio clips of tristan's new ITR Z.:026:
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

It sounded SWEEEEET going through the gears. A few bugs but very well prepped car.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

It is extraordinarily well built. If anyone can make it fast, it's Tristan. I hope he does, cause if so, I've got a shell in my storage space just waiting for dollars and time.

As a side note, CMP continues to get slower..and slower...Sunday times were atrocious. Some of it was heat but damn, that track seems to be 3-4 SECONDS slower in just the last year or so.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

some people were able to go fast, I mean yes the track seems to be slower than in february with the fresh asphalt.

Being my first time at the track, I would say that it was one of the slippery-est tracks I have been on, but I assumed that was due to the hot weather and my cycled tires.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

I was off my game driving wise, but the whole "upper section" was just ridiculously slidy the whole weekend, and the carousel went from pretty good to crap on Sunday.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

The track sucked because it had "24 hour of Lemons" rubber and fluids over half of it. That is why it was fast on the back side and like ice on the front half. Needed a good scrub with oil dry.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    The track sucked because it had "24 hour of Lemons" rubber and fluids over half of it. That is why it was fast on the back side and like ice on the front half. Needed a good scrub with oil dry.

Did y'all find it very slippery coming out of the hairpin? My rear end was all over the place and I was thinking it was me (or at least, the car).
    timo

You mean the carousel (the 5-6 complex)? Or turn 11?

11 wasn't too bad, but 12 was awful (for me), and the carousel got worse as the weekend went on (for me).

I've run 49s there before. Never got close this weekend.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    It sounded SWEEEEET going through the gears. A few bugs but very well prepped car.
    Funny though, even though it is loud at idle, I was only pulling 88 - 89 dbs on the sound meter. It's strangely quiet at full throttle. I think I am going to take off the turn downs and see if it sounds a bit more manly.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    It is extraordinarily well built. If anyone can make it fast, it's Tristan. I hope he does, cause if so, I've got a shell in my storage space just waiting for dollars and time.

As a side note, CMP continues to get slower..and slower...Sunday times were atrocious. Some of it was heat but damn, that track seems to be 3-4 SECONDS slower in just the last year or so.
    Thanks Jeff. We'll see. It's heavy but surprising well handling. I have to fix the cutting out issue. I think when the tank gets low on fuel it is casusing pump starvation or cavitation. May experiment with some fuel tank foam, or something like that.

No doubt the track was greasy. Nothing like steering with the throttle.

But at this point, I don't think that any of the other "R" cars have a reason to fear me yet.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    i want pictures, video, or audio clips of tristan's new ITR Z.:026:
    I don't have any video, but maybe one of the many who passed me has some as they whizzed by.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

On another topic, I think it would be valuable for the membership to know the facts about the ITS protest, to clarify/eliminate rumors that are circulating. Every example that the IT community gets to see, where the culture is encouraging adherence to the rules, is a good thing for all of us.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    On another topic, I think it would be valuable for the membership to know the facts about the ITS protest, to clarify/eliminate rumors that are circulating. Every example that the IT community gets to see, where the culture is encouraging adherence to the rules, is a good thing for all of us.

K
    Yes please.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

was it a mechcanical or driver protest? I don't want to hear rumors.. someone let us know.
    Track Speed Motorsports

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    You mean the carousel (the 5-6 complex)? Or turn 11?
    Turn 11. Must be me!
    timo

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

K
    Do tell Kirk - what's this all about?
    timo

Since I haven't thanked everyone on both sites, I would like to say thanks to all that helped and good to meet everybody and put a face with name.

"had a decent weekend the MR2 had only a small oil leak from a cracked Oring on an AN fitting. In the dry races the MR2 was horribly outpaced some 5-7 seconds per lap slower than the leaders. In the CCPS I was able to work my way up through the field into P1 until the track started to get a dry line. Then Matt started to catch up and passed as I was coming a lap before I was coming into the pits.. A lengthy pitstop let Kirk by, but it was still fun to be competitive for once.

Need to work on some small suspesion setup issues when I return to the track.

Nice to meet finally
    Kirk, Cameron, Allan, Jeff, Ron, Les, Matt, John, Derek and more!"
    Track Speed Motorsports

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by timo944 View Post
    Do tell Kirk - what's this all about?
    Facts as I know them...

** At least one ITS driver (may have been more) filed a protest against another driver

** Protestee decided to voluntarily forfeit finish position and SARRC points to date

** Protester withdrew the protest

K

Kirk has the basic facts right on the protest. There were three protestors. All four of the affected people post here, so I'd leave it to them to decide whether they want to say anything else.
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

Thanks Tom. You and Kirk have the major stuff right. We (Steve Parrish, myself, Ron Earp) filed a mechanical protest against an ITS competitor. He handled it professinally, as did the stewards. Without any prompting from the stewards, we worked out an agreement with the competitor to withdraw the protest. In my view, the system worked.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8