The 300zx would be a very interesting contender in "R". I had a 1994 coupe and it was one of my favorite cars. It was the most reliable vehicle I ever had equivalent to the Miata, actually nothing ever went wrong.

From what I remember it will be a momentum car much like the RX7, torque was modest relative to the weight. Brakes were pretty good but again compared to weight not sure how that will pan out. The RX7 will definitely have the advantage there.

All the motors except the turbo have variable valve timing of some sort that may offer some challenges but it may be easy to disable. Now that we can substitute ECU's the engine management element should be pretty easy. (Wolf, Stillen, APEXi)

This car has crossed my mind on several occasions, the running gear should be totally bullet proof Nissans have always been and the motor is very stout.

Looking forward to more "variation" in our ranks although the TR8 does add may more than it's share of uniqueness to our ranks you've certainly evolved that platform to a pretty high level.

Hope to see ya at Barber might have to spring for some new tires so that I can keep out of the IT7's way I'm tired of fixing body work and paint!

Travers
ITS 19