Thread: Sic/its

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well I think it does affect you guys

Or at least it might when I do all thats in my power to block you from passing me into 1, cause you might hold me up 2-6 if I let you by. heheeeee. I watched how Kip worked that in Daytona and learned some lessons. "I know you're an S car, and I know we're coming onto the banking after this turn, but you sure as fuck aren't going to pass me before the last corner, because you'll kill my momentum, you can pass me on the straight. block block block block block"

-Tom
    notice use of the word "might"
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Well I think it does affect you guys

Or at least it might when I do all thats in my power to block you from passing me into 1, cause you might hold me up 2-6 if I let you by
    I don't think you're giving enough credit to the front running ITS cars. They'll handle fine and may outlast the FWD handling over the course of the race. In general the ITS cars will have a hard time passing you in T1 due to their relatively poor braking performance and slightly higher terminal velocity.

With respect to blocking - I have worked on Jeff's TR8 a lot and you do not want to be on the wrong end of that battering ram. Lots of thick heavy steel in the nose of that car. :-)
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 10-05-2009 at 04:12 PM.

hey, I used the word "might".

Plus, I will not necessarily be the fastest ITA car there next weekend. The ITA Meoters *should* be faster then me

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    hey, I used the word "might".

Plus, I will not necessarily be the fastest ITA car there next weekend. The ITA Meoters *should* be faster then me

-Tom
    I think you've also had a sort of different ITA/ITS experience this year than the norm. As far as I can recall the really fast ITS cars have been mostly absent when you have been running. Steve Parrish was broken at Roebling last time, Steve E wasn't running, Jeff Young was broken, Ira was MIA, Flynn MIA, Williams MIA, Spillman MIA, and Perry was chasing evil handling all weekend/year.

I think if the top end ITS drivers/cars are all present and accounted for they won't be holding the A race up. I know Roebling is friendly to momentum cars but those upper echelon S cars are fast there too.

R

Default missing !

dang i miss racing with you guys!! ....if anyone could use another fender lizard ...i could be there , i think ! yall go have fun & have a safe race . ralph

And Kent too - he's been MIA all year!

Ralph you guys coming back to ITS?

Default road blocks....

HI Tom,
    all.... I love to run at Roebling. Roebling Road was my first experience in a Z on any track.... As most all drivers on track, I will gladly move aside for any faster ITS points contenders, or ita cars battling for position.

Don't wanna be a road block Spillman....
    30 year old ITS car

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I think you've also had a sort of different ITA/ITS experience this year than the norm. As far as I can recall the really fast ITS cars have been mostly absent when you have been running. Steve Parrish was broken at Roebling last time, Steve E wasn't running, Jeff Young was broken, Ira was MIA, Flynn MIA, Williams MIA, Spillman MIA, and Perry was chasing evil handling all weekend/year.

R
    That could totally be it too We'll see what happens. Fun either way. The only frustrating thing is that after flatspotting a tire to hell at Daytona, I get to buy a brand new hoosier just to run it at the test day. argh

I have a solution. All the ITA cars will be required to run an extra 200# of "show off" ballast. This should alleviate any need for a split start.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)