Thread: Track Photography....WTF...#@%@%#!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Only one person gets what I'm talking about our information being given to Roz..... The invoice had my class and numbers I picked for the event.....this had to come from registration info........... Can people get our checking acct # and credit card info too????
    Remember our home addresses are coming from somewhere..... PLEASE, in this day and age information of members should not be given out due to fraud and privacy.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gpeluso View Post
    Only one person gets what I'm talking about our information being given to Roz..... The invoice had my class and numbers I picked for the event.....this had to come from registration info........... Can people get our checking acct # and credit card info too????
    Remember our home addresses are coming from somewhere..... PLEASE, in this day and age information of members should not be given out due to fraud and privacy.

Greg
    I hear you. I don't like it either. I wonder if we missed some fine print somewhere when we signed on to go SCCA racing. You know, like signing up for a mag subscription, you're liable to have your name/address/whatever given away. I'd certainly like to know what the hell's going on. I'd assume with the club and its regions always hard-up for cash, they're gonna do some creative stuff to raise the dough. Maybe our ever-helpful BoD can step in and save the day....
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by gpeluso View Post

Greg
    A wild guess would be an entry list and a membership list.
    I seriously doubt that you have to worry about cc# and checking acct# though.
    A lot of info about you is out online anyway, so if you are worried about fraud, start by goggling yourself.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    A wild guess would be an entry list and a membership list.
    I seriously doubt that you have to worry about cc# and checking acct# though.
    A lot of info about you is out online anyway, so if you are worried about fraud, start by goggling yourself.
    Thats correct SCCA does NOT distribute addresses or anything else. On the registration list though your home town is listed and google is a wonderful tool.
    Jeremy Billiel

"Thats correct SCCA does NOT distribute addresses or anything else"

Not true. Any region can buy member address labels directly from the national office. And I assume vendors can also, since I get all these fancy race catalogs. I'm pretty sure Vic Secret didn't sell my name to them.

The point isn't that you can google me and find video of my colonscopy. I think Greg's point is that there was information included in his bill that was not on the entry list or results.
    On the other hand, this has been going on for decades.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

While you are right that regions and other officials can buy lists or labels from national my understanding is that they will not “sell” the information to outsiders. I believe a vendor can buy a mailing but they do not actually get the names, they get the right to mail a piece.
    My region has consistently voted not to sell names but that decision would be made on a region by region basis.
    I am guessing google too. When you have a name and hometown from the results the rest is pretty easy.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Any SCCA member can also pull down a list of name and addresses off the website. No reason to even use google.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    The point isn't that you can google me and find video of my colonscopy. ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRrPHeFBOEg&feature=related[/ame]

jk

Glenn

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

ROFLMAO!!!
    Ding ding ding ding!
    You just won this thread!!!