Bad weekend for Team Stinking Turd. Lost a hub on the trailer headed down, and didn't get there until 3 a.m. Saturday monring.

Neither of us (Dr. Earp or me) had rains, which were the ticket in Sat. qual. Qualled 5th in ITS on slicks, mid pack (I think we had 14 S cars), Ron was right behind me. Got a good start and got up to 3rd in S behind Owenby and Russ Boatwright (who had a nice run). Then the fun begin.

I caught Karably in the ITR 328, and got stuck behind him. I just couldn't pass. I felt like King Arthur and the Black Knight at the bridge -- you shall not pass! -- except I was the one with the flesh wounds. I stayed on his Karably's bumper -- too close -- for 5 laps and then looked down at my temps and saw more than I like (200 water and 190 oil, which is high for me). I was running lower weight oil and the pressure was lower than i'd like (I'm going back to 20w50), and I was getting a pressure drop in turn 6 that I did not like since I think I underfilled -- bone headed ove that.

So, after Hines and then Jeff M. caught and passed me while I was stuck behind the ITR car, and with the temps climbing and oil pressure dropping, I parked it after 6 laps.

Went to tow home Saturday night and had another flat leaving the track. Double yay!

Ron drove a good race but got stuck behind the ITR BMW as well.

We both really need to work on our Roebling skillz. I've run 21.9 there in his car, and 22.8 or something in mine, but I'm not consistent at all.