Thread: New England Region IT EZ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    There's nothing in the proposed ITEZ regs that would stop any of that.

Please stop with the street tire religion. Pretty please? All of about TWO of you have even put your money where your mouth is and run them in any SCCA race. The rest of you have demonstrated absolutely nothing other than your religion's capability of being annoying as hell about this issue.

- GA
    Agree, I also think that allowing R-comps might actually be a good thing. I bet smarty would give away used tires for free if you pay him to mount them...

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    I bet smarty would give away used tires for free if you pay him to mount them...
    Smarty gives away used tires for free...period. Maybe beer if he doesn't like you. He has to pay to load, unload, and discard them.

The only times I've seen him charge for tires is when the Spec Miata "high-falutin' crowd" decides that three heat cycles are enough to completely destroy Hoosiers. And that's very, very, very rare in Regional racing (all he covers). - GA

Edit: Smarty's favorite event is the Fall one where all the Cub Scouts come down from the mountain and want a free race tire. He's all about making those go away....free.
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 12-17-2013 at 03:28 PM.

I know, I just didn't want to post "for" him. I think we should let people know they could potentially get free ones so they can give racing tires a try. Used or not they will still see (lap times) and feel a difference.

Stephen

Agree, I also think that allowing R-comps might actually be a good thing. I bet smarty would give away used tires for free if you pay him to mount them...

Stephen
    i too think that the potential of using "race" tires is a good thing. let them see how much more fun/competitive R tires can be if they want.

i applaud the effort of getting non SCCA types SCCA licenses and running with at SCCA events. if they try purple crack and get hooked, so much the better.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Stephen
    I think the street tire thing would be good for the CrapCans - race tires will put much higher loads on everything on the car and crap *will* break sooner.

Also good to be consistent with another org based ruleset. If it takes off and the racers want Stickies, let them ask for them.

In the meantime street tires is a good idea imho.

While I appreciate all the passion and well-reasoned opinions on what NER ITEZ should be with regard to tires and other things the region has chosen to make the class as non-exclusionary as possible in an effort to be inclusive. For 2014 you can run any DOT tire.
    I hope those that want to race on street tires come and run with us and I promise if enough show up that want a street tire class we will build a street tire class, but that decision will be made by the region to support racers who race with us and support the region, not opinions on the internet.
    You can change the direction of SCCA Club Racing but you have to do it with participation not internet posts.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    You can change the direction of SCCA Club Racing but you have to do it with participation not internet posts.
    Unbelievable...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Another one of my favorite bars...

interesting twist on the claimer rule:

9. Claimer Rule
    A) Any competitor that finishes 3

rd, or 2nd, in a points race is eligible to “Claim” (buy) another competitors vehicle that
    finished ahead AND turned a faster lap time by 3 (three) seconds or more for $5,000.00. The owner of claimed vehicle
    will be permitted to remove all safety, instrumentation, and driver comfort gear (seat, aftermarket gauges, radios,
    helmet blower, hydration, body temp regulators) other than roll cage. Owner of claimed vehicle has reciprocal option
    to buy claimers vehicle for $3,000 if so desired (less permitted removal items above). In the case of multiple claims on
    same vehicle, it will be awarded to highest bidder but NASA will keep any funds above $5,000.
    Example. I finish 3rd and best lap is 5 seconds slower than 1
    st place best lap. I am eligible to submit claim form for 1st
    place vehicle. I must immediately pay $5000 cash but claimed owner is permitted to pay me $3000 and take my car.
    Therefore, I bought 1
    st place vehicle but he/she now owns my car with another $2000 in their pocket.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7