Thread: Nov '12 Prelim Minutes & Tech Bulletin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

l
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    After more spirited debate - which ultimately led to my being "Earp'd" with a "Screw you, I'm running them, if you don't like it protest me"
    Hold now, not to derail the discussion but I protest my name being used in the context of performing an illegal modification. While I mentioned running NACA ducts in my rear windows and would like to do it, after the discussion around them I'm coming around to them being illegal. And, regardless of the discussion, I never performed the modification. On the IT cars I build and tend to I have never carried out any modifications which I thought were illegal, were explicitly illegal, or that the general consensus was that the modification was illegal. So keep Earp out of it.

The splitter debate is important to me. We've not yet built splitters for the Mustangs and I sure don't want to run afoul of the rules, or spend a lot of time engineering a great splitter only to have it deemed illegal. Are there any pictures of this Mosler CRX splitter so one can visualize the shape of the device and the areas deemed illegal?
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 10-17-2012 at 07:31 AM.