Thread: Eurasian Engines - Proposal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Holy CRAP, Jake! You didn't just link to the Sandbox did you? You know wha...

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

That's some funny $h^! right there......... LOL!
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

Uh oh!! Oh boy, I liked the box from this, the most high traffic site this side of TMZ!

I for one know of an RX8 that will be running ST in GLDiv. Lets see how it does and if it really is that far off, then we can re look at it. I suspect it will do just fine. __________________
    Regarding the RX-8, Chris, so, if a car does ok at a race that you go to, it's classed appropriately??
    I'n not sure I follow how a car with 180hp at 3000 can possibly cmpete with a car with 180hp that weighs 500 pounds less and runs on the same rubber.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Uh oh!! Oh boy, I liked the box from this, the most high traffic site this side of TMZ!

Regarding the RX-8, Chris, so, if a car does ok at a race that you go to, it's classed appropriately??
    I'n not sure I follow how a car with 180hp at 3000 can possibly cmpete with a car with 180hp that weighs 500 pounds less and runs on the same rubber.
    I am really getting tired of F;d up comments like that. You guys have proven to me that your commentary is useless in this situation and really not worth the effort.
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    I am really getting tired of F;d up comments like that. You guys have proven to me that your commentary is useless in this situation and really not worth the effort.
    Chris, hey, I'm not trying to attack you...
    But, look at what you wrote. I'm sure you were just typing off the top of your head, but really....and I'm not trying to be the biggest dick around... that statement makes little sense.
    First, are you REALLY going to look at it if it doesn't do well???? And if so, based on what sample size? (Forgetting the whole what defines the 'that far off' aspect). Basicaly, you're saying that the STAC is going to mointor performance and make adjustments. I really don't think thats the case, but, obviously, I could be wrong.

Second, you said you were sure it would do fine. Well, yea, maybe against unprepared STL cars, or double dippers, but who cares about that? I can't see how the motor has a snowballs chance in hell of competing when it's hundreds of pounds heavy.

Listen, I'm of the philosophy that if you list an engine, make it so that it fits. If it doesn't fit,* then don't list it. I'm not sure I see the point of listing it, but thats based on my philosophy.

*It seems that it misses the class standards because you consider it to be 2.6L, above the max size, and it's stock rating is well above the max allowed. IIRC the stock rating is (was?) 238, which is right with the S2000 2.0L (240) that is excluded.

So, I'm sorry to piss you off, but your comments seemed at odds with my perception of reality.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

:026:
    Chris, hey, I'm not trying to attack you...
    But, look at what you wrote. I'm sure you were just typing off the top of your head, but really....and I'm not trying to be the biggest dick around... that statement makes little sense.
    First, are you REALLY going to look at it if it doesn't do well???? And if so, based on what sample size? (Forgetting the whole what defines the 'that far off' aspect). Basicaly, you're saying that the STAC is going to mointor performance and make adjustments. I really don't think thats the case, but, obviously, I could be wrong.

Second, you said you were sure it would do fine. Well, yea, maybe against unprepared STL cars, or double dippers, but who cares about that? I can't see how the motor has a snowballs chance in hell of competing when it's hundreds of pounds heavy.

Listen, I'm of the philosophy that if you list an engine, make it so that it fits. If it doesn't fit,* then don't list it. I'm not sure I see the point of listing it, but thats based on my philosophy.

*It seems that it misses the class standards because you consider it to be 2.6L, above the max size, and it's stock rating is well above the max allowed. IIRC the stock rating is (was?) 238, which is right with the S2000 2.0L (240) that is excluded.

So, I'm sorry to piss you off, but your comments seemed at odds with my perception of reality.
    Yes, we will monitor.
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

It's not supposed to be able to compete. The class is for piston engines. The STAC has just given the Renesis a place to 'be' in STL. The 'get a taste of National racing' theory. Other classes use it too. Once we (the collective we) stop trying to make every car fit into STL, the sooner we will shut up.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Forget even trying to get every make into STL. There's only one BMW euro option that would be interesting and they only made 2,600 of them total, and it's still not competitive with the Honda option. If I had a care for STL, I'd request the used of a cut down Individual Throttle Body intake from the USDM s54, and head porting at no penalty, as that'd be the only way the USDM M42's and M44's would be able to touch the Honda/Acura's on power. Otherwise, with only the approved mods they'll only get to the N45b20's 170-180hp range at best. So even with select Euro options nothing works.

Oh, yeah if you want to know what the N45b20 is, it's from the 320Si, and only 2600 were made as homologation specials:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N45

Flow bench data to show why this is so:
    http://www.e30m3project.com/e30m3per...-1/chart-4.htm
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 02-22-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    Forget even trying to get every make into STL. There's only one BMW euro option that would be interesting and they only made 2,600 of them total, and it's still not competitive with the Honda option. If I had a care for STL, I'd request the used of a cut down Individual Throttle Body intake from the USDM s54, and head porting at no penalty, as that'd be the only way the USDM M42's and M44's would be able to touch the Honda/Acura's on power. Otherwise, with only the approved mods they'll only get to the N45b20's 170-180hp range at best. So even with select Euro options nothing works.
    See the March Fastrack for my request for ITBs for the M42. Currently not going to happen
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    See the March Fastrack for my request for ITBs for the M42. Currently not going to happen
    I saw that... though their response didn't make sense to me, unless you were asking for the S50 euro ITB's. You still might have the option if you were to make a M42 powered e46, using the ITB's from an e-46 M3. Swap the motor and keep the chassis ITB intake manifold. It'd be nice if other chassis could have that option other than the e-46, e-36 Z3, and e-85 Z4's.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I saw that... though their response didn't make sense to me, unless you were asking for the S50 euro ITB's. You still might have the option if you were to make a M42 powered e46, using the ITB's from an e-46 M3. Swap the motor and keep the chassis ITB intake manifold. It'd be nice if other chassis could have that option other than the e-46, e-36 Z3, and e-85 Z4's.
    Now that is out of the box thinking. Love it!
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

James and Chris, Look up an S42 engine!! and hold onto your socks!! 1999cc's and 315HP!!!! Stock with ITBs!
    Chris Leone
    318i going STL!!!
    E36 ITS underconstruction(sold)
    84 944 ITS (sold)
    71 240z more than half way there/now GT2 bound!!
    ChrisLeonemotorsports.com
    Roll cages and fabrication