Thread: Lime Rock "Schools Out" Race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    ...and actually do the simplest thing to try and prevent any hardship...because we are a Club and we are good sports.
    A great idea, Tom Hanks. However, given Mushie and I are the only ones (so far) working Tech this weekend, I'm pretty confident your competitors (and renters) would prefer he and I focus on silly things like getting people vehicle annuals and distributing tech stickers versus the really exciting things like "being good sports" and holding people's hands that don't read the regs.

<insert rolly-eye incon here...>

GA, who says "volunteering ain't difficult; try it some time, you might actually like it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    A great idea, Tom Hanks. However, given Mushie and I are the only ones (so far) working Tech this weekend, I'm pretty confident your competitors (and renters) would prefer he and I focus on silly things like getting people vehicle annuals and distributing tech stickers versus the really exciting things like "being good sports" and holding people's hands that don't read the regs.

<insert rolly-eye incon here...>

GA, who says "volunteering ain't difficult; try it some time, you might actually like it..."
    seems like most of us have no right to interject any comment, given our lack of contribution! My contribution is to man one half of the flatbed to scrape you up after a shunt......LOL.

I hoping to be at WGI for July NARRC event... volunteering, crutches and all.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
    seems like most of us have no right to interject any comment, given our lack of contribution!
    ABSOLUTELY not true! In fact, commentary/feedback to a volunteer club organization is not only a "right", it's a responsibility! However, after making your suggestions, if things are still not run the way you want them to and you don't volunteer to change the system, you don't have the right to stomp your feet and get all pissy at the volunteers.

Change within a volunteer organization comes from the inside, not from tossing tomatoes.

Hey, wait a sec...isn't there a race this weekend? Yes, I think there is!

GA

Going to the "Tomato Toss" this weekend...maybe I'll try to race also. Don't think Steph got enough trophies for racing and tomato tossing. Maybe I'll bring some balsamic vinaigrette and goat cheese.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Holy crap Greg. A little over the top, even for you!! Simmer down there big guy.

That was my argument about weight stickers on the cars. Does that mean tech won't look the weight up? And what if you show up with a ITB AMC Pacer. Who the f*ck knows what that is supposed to weigh? LOL You could put any weight sticker on your car.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    A little over the top, even for you!! Simmer down there big guy.
    'Scuse me? With which point(s) are you disagreeing?

Does this mean you are volunteering to put up Andy's "please read your Fastrack" notices...? Talk to Pat when you register in, she can give you the paper, marker, and tape. Talk to Andy about the preferred format.

Does that mean tech won't look the weight up?
    That's exactly what it means, and exactly what these stickers are for. Why else do you think the SCCA made this requirement...?

When you've got a group of 30+ cars lined up for the scales, all of different weights, probably with different configurations, engine sizes, etc, and with only a small number of volunteers to accurately corral, weigh, and evaluate those weights, all while these 30+ competitors are steaming hot wanting to be released from impound so they can go back to their paddock spaces, does it not make sense to delegate some of that investigation and evaluation responsibility back to the competitors, people who know the cars FAR better than anyone else at the track...?

Peer-reviewed, peer responsibility, and peer-compliance, just like every other prep regulation. If you wish to have each of those stickers reviewed in impound, please do feel free to join us in Scrutineering; I'll ask Brian to give you that explicit responsibility*. If you accept that responsibility we can file paper against any competitor that shows up this weekend with the wrong weights displayed on the car.

And what if you show up with a ITB AMC Pacer. Who the f*ck knows what that is supposed to weigh?
    Come by Tech, I'll show you how to use a "GCR". They even make a little table with all the weights, I can show you how to use it...it's a whole lot faster when you only have to look up that one car.

You could put any weight sticker on your car.
    You "could" also put any camshaft in your car.

GA

* And please don't give us the excuse about how you're racing this weekend. First, I've been doing it in between my racing sessions for years, and second, you're driving a Miata.

You "could" also put any camshaft in your car.

I can't ... except maybe as ballast

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

'Scuse me? With which point(s) are you disagreeing?

Hmmmmmm. I don't recall anything in my comment about disagreeing with what you're saying (but please feel free to point it out if i missed it in my own post) In fact, as other posters have said, everyone agrees with you............ however, your good message is getting lost because of the delivery. I'm not so sure being a dick will have everyone jumping up and down, volunteering to help you....... and yes, it is really is helping the club but with the delivery people will infer it's all about helping you.

Didn't your mother ever tell you that you get further with sugar than spice? Be nice. it makes people much more sympathetic to the cause.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Holy crap Greg. A little over the top, even for you!! Simmer down there big guy.

That was my argument about weight stickers on the cars. Does that mean tech won't look the weight up? And what if you show up with a ITB AMC Pacer. Who the f*ck knows what that is supposed to weigh? LOL You could put any weight sticker on your car.
    After working tech and being teched a couple of times this year I think the stickers are the best thing since sliced bread. Doing annuals has given tech an opportunity to help drivers learn to look up their weight. Doing impound weights is super easy. No arguments about what “I thought it was supposed to weigh”.
    I disagree with Greg that the stickers will not be checked but it would be a separate compliance item that could be done at some events and might be checked at your annual. But as Greg said there has to be some competitor that knows what your car should weigh and that is the easiest way to know they are right.
    As to Greg’s volunteer thread, well he is not wrong but is obviously having too much fun. Hey Greg, are you on new pain meds for the shoulder?
    Oh yeah, who cares what a Pacer weighs.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    ...but is obviously having too much fun. Hey Greg, are you on new pain meds for the shoulder?
    Hey, don't bogart my thread, man! Two on the hook and a third nibbling...dammit! But if it gets just one child to read the regulations, it's worth it!

GA, who can only imagine the evil Brian Mushnick will dig up as tech chief this weekend...

Seems like there time for one qualifier tomorrow. I saw an email for workers that mentioned two qualifiers. Que pasa?
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
    Seems like there time for one qualifier tomorrow. I saw an email for workers that mentioned two qualifiers. Que pasa?
    Supplementary Regs indicate one qualifier tomorrow; I've not heard anything otherwise. Don't forget there's a school group interspersed between the Regional quallies, so I see no way for them to run two.

Double dip, it's cheap. You can run FP, STU, or STL in your ITA config. $180 (?) more for twice the track time? A bargain. There's 4 spots left in Group 8 (STU/STL), better hurry... - GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 06-07-2012 at 07:39 PM.

ABSOLUTELY not true! In fact, commentary/feedback to a volunteer club organization is not only a "right", it's a responsibility! However, after making your suggestions, if things are still not run the way you want them to and you don't volunteer to change the system, you don't have the right to stomp your feet and get all pissy at the volunteers.

Change within a volunteer organization comes from the inside, not from tossing tomatoes.

Hey, wait a sec...isn't there a race this weekend? Yes, I think there is!

GA
    LOL........I was trying to support you on this issue Greg