Thread: January Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    In talking with seat manufacturers at PRI, I learned a new FIA standard is forthcoming. Racetech seats (?) (Australian) told me there is no way they can pass the test without back support. So, depending on sanctioning bodies adoption of the standards, sliders may become a thing of the past.

my slider system has a shoulder support that disengages when you pull the seat lever. Still has a lock so it will meet the new standard. Engineers have too much time on our hands.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    my slider system has a shoulder support that disengages when you pull the seat lever. Still has a lock so it will meet the new standard. Engineers have too much time on our hands.
    Very nice. beyond the desire/capability/affordability of most racers, though, I'm afraid. Which is too bad, because it means the egress area gets reduced. (And for guys like me, my seat is pretty fab back, reclined and on the floor in order to give me enough space to fit. barely. As it stands, it's a bit of folding to get me in with teh door open,...

Speaking of too much time on your hands....picture? wink wink. Exhaust...nudge nudge..
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com