Thread: ITAC News.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    I know you're all wondering how we're going to operate with respect to the adjustments of existing listings. For the moment, we will be following the rules. That means that listings that have been around for a long time are not really adjustable, unless it can be shown that there is a real error. One example of such an error would be two cars that are, for all practical purposes, the same as each other, yet have wildly different weights (or even different CLASSES, as is highlighted in one of this month's letters.) By "same," I don't mean '88 Honda 1.6L vs. '99 Mazda 1.6L here. I mean ... the same parts in the drivetrain, the same or essentially identical chassis, etc. Recently, both Honda and BMW listings have fallen into this category and have been adjusted as errors, and we will continue to correct such errors as they are identified.
    What about cars with the same chassis, different drivelines, and the same weight? Is that considered and adjustment or an error?
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

Quote Originally Posted by rsportvolvo View Post
    What about cars with the same chassis, different drivelines, and the same weight? Is that considered and adjustment or an error?
    Like the ITS Alfa Milano's. One has a 2.5 liter engine with 154 hp, the other is 3.0 liter with 183 hp. Both weight in at 2780 lbs.

Other than engine mounts and some clean up not a whole lot going on on the ITAC board.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

What about cars that were recently classed that were wrong?

I know .. I know..
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]