Thread: New STL Fan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by snowmann View Post
    Im curious why the ST classes dont follow IT classing a bit more.

<snip>

It looked like a great class at the Sprints this weekend, but after flipping through the rules I'm more confused.
    Because it is a different category. it is Super Touring, not Super-Improved Touring.

you can run a lighter weight in STU because you have a two valve motor, check the gcr but i think it;s around 2425# or something like that. I think a 2500# E30 325is in STU would be a great regional STU car, unless a full tilt boogie national car and driver shows up, but you typically don't see those cars come out for regionals except for a rare occasion.

I'm very surprised more (non-miatae) ITS cars are not running at Majors and Super Tours in STU.
    Last edited by JS154; 06-24-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    I'm very surprised more (non-miatae) ITS cars are not running at Majors and Super Tours in STU.
    Basic problem is that there's not a whole lotta <2L non-miatae ITS options out there...Integra GS-R, Ford Focus SVT, Honda del Sol and Civic Si...that's about it. And, IMO, they're not competitive in ITS, so they typically don't build them.

well, Eric said STU so the 2.0L limit is not important. other than the really big engines in ITS (TR8 and V6 pony cars) and the old datsuns still running around, most of the comon cars can run STU (FC RX7, the list you gave, miatas, KA24-DE power 240SXs, late Z31 300ZXs). so can a lot of ITA cars that are over displaced for STL (focus RS, 240SX with KA24E, BMW E30 325e, etc...)

Right! Sorry, missed the STU reference (STL thread, yo!)