Thread: 2015 NERRC schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Terry, I'm obviously out of the loop when it comes to this series but it seems like the focus is on North East based tracks mostly. What is the reasoning for Nelson and Pittsburgh? Just trying to get some other tracks in the mix?

Mickey - this is how a look at the series goes for me, and it's not a knock on it, just my viewpoint. I look at which events are the most fun, which tracks I enjoy, and have good competition. I then base my racing on that. Summit? Fun track, but if I'm going there it'll be for Labor Day weekend which IMO is one of the premier events on the East Coast for IT. April? Eh. Weather there is often not so appealing; even less than 100 degree heat during the summer. lol

Maybe we need to come up with our own gentleman's championship. Both LRP events (the NARRC runoffs should be a part of this), both Palmer events, one Glen (maybe two), one Thompson, Summit Labor Day, hell at that point I'd throw in one of my least favorite tracks, NHMS.

Again, I realize the chase for a points championship is appealing to many and respect that.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    What is the reasoning for Nelson and Pittsburgh?
    They're Northeast Division tracks.

The event at pittsburgh international will be on the new 2.9 mile course. So all of the regional class records will be up for grabs.
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

Competition Chair for Steel Cities
    stcscca.com

the NHMS date is actually May 23-24. for the NeDiv race.
    JB Swan
    IT7 #81

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post

Mickey - this is how a look at the series goes for me, and it's not a knock on it, just my viewpoint. I look at which events are the most fun, which tracks I enjoy, and have good competition. I then base my racing on that. Summit? Fun track, but if I'm going there it'll be for Labor Day weekend which IMO is one of the premier events on the East Coast for IT. April? Eh. Weather there is often not so appealing; even less than 100 degree heat during the summer. lol

Maybe we need to come up with our own gentleman's championship. Both LRP events (the NARRC runoffs should be a part of this), both Palmer events, one Glen (maybe two), one Thompson, Summit Labor Day, hell at that point I'd throw in one of my least favorite tracks, NHMS.

Again, I realize the chase for a points championship is appealing to many and respect that.

So let me see if I understand this Dave. You want to start a Championship with your buddies, raceing at select tracks of your choices, for a points structure that you guys come up with.

Next you will say you want a Spec tire, and your own rookie hazing, and your own seperate banquet and year end trophies. What an awesome idea. (NOT SARCASTIC) It does in fact really work and bolster entries. And its a hoot raceing with the same group of Cheatin Bastards every week. Go Ahead....
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Ok, I got an LOL out of that...

But Dan, you missed a key part: create extra-regulatory requirements to restrict preparation and choose not to publish them, keeping them only as word-of-mouth so that if anyone else chooses to enter you can SHUN them into retreat...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Ok, I got an LOL out of that...

But Dan, you missed a key part: create extra-regulatory requirements to restrict preparation and choose not to publish them, keeping them only as word-of-mouth so that if anyone else chooses to enter you can SHUN them into retreat...

It is assimilation, not retreat.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com