Thread: First leg of the ITTC is over!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So are any of the IT guys who ran going to the ARRC or 'Fest?

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    So are any of the IT guys who ran going to the ARRC or 'Fest?
    Good question. Earlier this year, Donna Gilio told me that she was probably going to make a return to the ARRC -- but then she didn't show up this weekend, so I don't know that what means.

Kim Willcox (tahoez) mentioned the possibility a couple weeks ago. Other than Kim, I don't know of anyone else. Unfortunately the tow (2500 each way to either track from my house) makes it a very expensive proposition. It would probably be cheaper to fly and rent.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Default miller team!

you are a great bunch of people, that i consider good friends too,and dont worry i had my eye on dean in the ita race and was ready to go faster if need be and with that its rx7 that was shut down on the last lap i thought i was going to have to pass him no matter what to keep dean off my ass!!you all deserve a great hand for all of your hard work .i have done the same thing and it shows the true racers in scca,your whole team deserves alot of credit for all the hard work, kim

(mysteriously, the next morning, several alternator case bolts are taped to the car’s windshield, adding yet another person to the list of people who helped make our race weekend – but I’m not sure who!)
    This is why club racing is such a joy to be associated with.

WRT sound, don't always blame them. Depending upon your shift point, track position, traffic, etc. your 108 could be accurate. Normally the sound guys/gals try to get clear readings, but they are only human too.

Remember, that it's not just exhaust that makes noise on a race car. Tranny, diff, and intake also make "noise" so just changing the exhaust might not fix everything. Changing the exhaust is normally the easiest and the culprit, but not always the case.

The microphone @ TH is drivers right at the exit of T15 right near pit in. You need to make sure that your not pinching off the exit, and depending upon what gear your in, might cause the spike.

Just a suggestion, now that the microphone @ Sears Point as moved to the drag xmas tree, all 3 tracks not have sound on drivers right. hint hint hint

See everybody on Labor Day weekend @ Sears Point.
    Tim Linerud
    San Francisco Region SCCA
    #95 GTL Wabbit
    Convert from GP to GTL
    http://www.timlinerud.com/racing/index.html

racer_tim @ yahoo dot com