Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
...Just to be clear SCCA has nothing to do with these photographers. They pay to come into the events and they take pictures. Nothing the SCCA did wrong...
Who do they pay, the region or the track? And how is he getting my name and address?

Access I don't really care about, but my personal information I do care about.

Does he get my personal info directly from SCCA by getting a list of names and addresses of license holders? I think this is kosher, lots of vendors to it. What is not kosher is SCCA selling my name and address to someone who uses that information illegally.

Also not kosher would be if the region or track is selling my name and address to a vendor. That's a data privacy issue.

I realize this guy needs to make money and honestly he shoots some good shots. But there is a reason this type of solicitation is illegal.

And beside it being illegal, the last thing I need is a "bill" coming in the mail every month for even a bogus racing expense to remind my wife of the real racing expenses. Personally I have no moral qualms about keeping the photos and doing with them as I please. I should be charging him for the grief I get from my wife.