Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Billiel View Post
I personally don't think 5.5% is enough difference between a FWD and RWD car with double wishbones.

I think we need a Miata multiplier! If Miata, then add an additional 3% to the calculation (or something....) Edit 1: I am just making up numbers and have ZERO data - Just throwing something against the wall

Edit 2: And I say that being out of racing for 4+ years and no longer having a dog in this fight or honestly caring.... I simply think that the car is a fantastic package and not sure how to equalize apprpriately...

Edit 3: 5.5% may be fine for double wishbone cars that are RWD and not a miata. Its the specific car (miata) that seems to be what breaks all the logic.
There are plenty of cars that can handle as well as a Miata given the same weight. 3rd gen RX-7, Porsche 968 (and not DW's at 4 corners either).

I think 200-300lbs difference is a lot given the same size wheel/tire. The 13B car is almost 400lbs more than a strut FWDer. That's a bunch. Given the WGI results between the Miata and the Civic, I'd say it's dang close if not there for now.