Thread: AMB transponder ownership issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default From MyLaps website

I just got a car with a transponder, luckily, the previous owner hadnt registered it. Read this:

http://www.mylaps.com/general/usedtransponders.jsp

Jesse Draper
    #08 ITA Honda CRX Si

Quote Originally Posted by jdraper08 View Post
    IRead this:
    In other words: F U.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    In other words: F U.
    Greg, clearly you missed this:
    "Until the end of 2008, all orders placed through our webshop will be shipped free."

See how nicely they are looking out for us
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

Default Transponder redux

Quote Originally Posted by jdraper08 View Post
    I just got a car with a transponder, luckily, the previous owner hadnt registered it. Read this:

http://www.mylaps.com/general/usedtransponders.jsp
    Just as there are new competitors for HNR devices perhaps we will get competition for AMB and get them off their high perch!

I started this thread after purchasing a spec miata with the hard wired transponder included. Since we have this issue, I will purchase the portable transponder, move it between vehicles and never give AMB any business ever again(unless something breaks).

What goes around comes around!!

Thanks to this thread I yanked mine when I sold the rabbit and put it in the new build.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

Unless you are fortunate enough to own mulitple race cars I never understood the desire to have a portable unit that required recharging. Seems like a big PITA and one more thing I'd forget to do, but to each his own.

When I bought my previous car it did not come with a transponder and the PO used a rechargable unit.
    Tom Sprecher

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    Unless you are fortunate enough to own mulitple race cars I never understood the desire to have a portable unit that required recharging. Seems like a big PITA and one more thing I'd forget to do, but to each his own.

When I bought my previous car it did not come with a transponder and the PO used a rechargable unit.
    Really, we yanked ours out of our old car and have installed it in the new one.

While I see the point of the convenience of being able to transfer the registration of a transponder, I also understand AMB's position on a transponder being a registrants "for life". Just as a Social Security number is unique to every individual, so goes a transponder.

Unless you're 'getting out', you'd have to spend the money for another transponder anyway for the next car, so what difference does it make. If you are 'getting out', then it's a cost you have to absorb like maintainance items.
    Dave Dusterberg
    ITA#9 Dodge Neon
    2011 Indy Region SCCA Activities Director
    http://www.indyscca.org