Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
The rules grew from a philosophy that said, "Do the minimum stuff required to make a stock street car ready for racing." There's no modification cheaper than "no modification."

K
True, but what really irritates me is the addition of all kinds of stuff that make it more of a real race car, while ignoring all the cheap/free stuff that would also make the cars more fun. Cases in point, you have to keep your heater core and washer bottle, but you can run coil-overs and a custom ecu. Class philosophy my a$$. Seems to me, the club leadership can't make up their mind what they want, so we have the ever changing mishmash that pleases very few. To me its simple: Allow stuff that reduces weight and costs little or nothing to do, and prohibit the expensive stuff - adjustable shocks, coilovers, ecu mods....... That does more to keep costs in check, and you can still get a light car that puts less stress on the components (thus helping them last longer)... I just wish they would leave well enough alone already.