Spinnetti, I'm not trying to pick on you but if you re-read your post, it's interesting. In one sense you're saying that having to "be responsible for bodywork will (hopefully) reduce the amount of contact between cars knowing you have to fix it." Then you say that when racing with the Lemons series there was less contact but essentially pointed out that those cars are less than showroom looking. Sure sounds like it's about how perfect the bodywork is but more a matter of the sanctioning body governing body contact, no?

I don't condone intentional rubbing at this level but also accept that especially towards the front, contact will happen. We are racing sedans and love the fact that we can race so hard while knowing that if something does happen by accident, the risks are far less than if done open wheel racing. I'll also be the first to admit that I don't have the financial resources nor the time to make my car's appearance as pretty as some here might want. Instead of telling people like us to get out of racing, maybe you should find a new home if it bothers you that much.

Mike, maybe we should have clunkers race weekends? Might not be so bad. The guys I know who do the roundy round stuff pay $15 entry fees, winners get paid some decent bucks, annual fees to participate are extemely low (less than $50), and people other than family and friends of racers actually show up to watch the racing. Yeah, if they raced on road courses I'd be there.