Kirk Knestis, WV
    Marshall Lytle, VA
    Andy Bettencourt, MA
    George Roffe, TX
    Jake Gulick, CT
    Lee Graser, TN
    Les Chaney, NC
    Bob Clark, WI

there are the names of the ITAC, how about each of you guys weigh in, soon, tells us how you vote and why. If you can't "man-up" to your beliefs, then maybe you should step down.

See sig!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

OK, there's a vote by Josh to "process" the whole bunch.

Josh Sirota, CA votes for
    Kirk Knestis, WV
    Marshall Lytle, VA
    Andy Bettencourt, MA
    George Roffe, TX
    Jake Gulick, CT
    Lee Graser, TN
    Les Chaney, NC
    Bob Clark, WI
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Funk View Post
    Josh Sirota, CA
    Kirk Knestis, WV
    Marshall Lytle, VA
    Andy Bettencourt, MA
    George Roffe, TX
    Jake Gulick, CT
    Lee Graser, TN
    Les Chaney, NC
    Bob Clark, WI

there are the names of the ITAC, how about each of you guys weigh in, soon, tells us how you vote and why. If you can't "man-up" to your beliefs, then maybe you should step down.

See sig!
    I'm against it at this point but IF someone supplies all the "VTS" sheets and factory shop manuals that the GCR requires for all the cars that there are none for I, will change my thinking and we can run the process for all those cars and see where they line up. As was pointed out earlier there are way to many cars that we have limited information on. Many of these were classed long before any of us were involved.
    I'm quite comfortable with the 100lb issue as are others on the ITAC.
    Just remember we ADVISE and do not make the rules. That is the CRB's job. Yes, they take our imput and usally go along with our line of thinking. One example of when they did not was the BMW restrictor. The ITAC was against it but the CRB went ahead with it.
    As was pointed out before we, are volunteers with day jobs and race also. Not everyone can be and expert on every make and model car. The ITAC has a very good mix of people that each know a lot about certain car makes and have a good general knowledge also. The committee is very evenly balanced out in this respect.
    Another point to think about is that I have personally asked several people that post here if they would be interested in taking over for me when I step down. Not one has said they would. Just my 2 cents worth and I'm sure I'll regret even posting this. I gave up on posting awhile ago after getting flamed way too many times... Will see what happens here......

Bob Clark
    SCCA IT Advisorary Committee
    Last edited by 1stGenBoy; 11-19-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stGenBoy View Post
    I'm against it at this point but IF someone supplies all the "VTS" sheets and factory shop manuals that the GCR requires for all the cars that there are none for I, will change my thinking and we can run the process for all those cars and see where they line up. As was pointed out earlier there are way to many cars that we have limited information on. Many of these were classed long before any of us were involved.
    I'm quite comfortable with the 100lb issue as are others on the ITAC.
    Just remember we ADVISE and do not make the rules. That is the CRB's job. Yes, they take our imput and usally go along with our line of thinking. One example of when they did not was the BMW restrictor. The ITAC was against it but the CRB went ahead with it.
    As was pointed out before we, are volunteers with day jobs and race also. Not everyone can be and expert on every make and model car. The ITAC has a very good mix of people that each know a lot about certain car makes and have a good general knowledge also. The committee is very evenly balanced out in this respect.
    Another point to think about is that I have personally asked several people that post here if they would be interested in taking over for me when I step down. Not one has said they would. Just my 2 cents worth and I'm sure I'll regret even posting this. I gave up on posting awhile ago after getting flamed way too many times... Will see what happens here......

Bob Clark
    SCCA IT Advisorary Committee
    I have found the same reality you have Bob with a thankless job in SCCA as Asst. RE and race chair. I got over the personal part and realized it makes no difference who is in the position, it comes with the terretory. I was one of the loudest and most vocal about the RX8 and the E36 in ITS. I can not argue that IT is better now than I can remember for the past 10 years. We forget how far we have come from the old attitude of "shut up and race, you should be glad we let you on track" to actually having a group working to make our racing fair.

That said it is reasonable to ask that we run the cars currently raced at the very least through the process. You have the adders and subs, as well as percent gain to use common sense to deal with the oddballs. Skip the #100 pound is close enough deal. If you wasted the time to run the car through the process than fix it. Round to the nearest 5 and be done with it. If the ITAC is confident of a 35% gain then so be it. If 10% or 15% was used great. If the CRB is the problem then we can go to the source and put pressure on them to allow it to happen.

Thanks for doing a thankless job to all on the ITAC.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)