The Miata example isn't a good one as that car just got a weight adjustment using the 'what we know' theory. The most fair way to do it would be to determine a % gain factor...say 1 or 2% (based on actual research, could be more, could be non-existent based on results) and simply add it to all cars with power steering, and then allow them to remove it.

There is a faction that thinks that average gains in IT are greater than 25%, so maybe allowing this and moving the number to 30% could work.

OR, we could leave it alone because nothing is broken...my vote.

As to SM's...it's not just the pumpkin. It's chassis bracing from 1.8's allowed on 1.6's. It's other stuff too, no GCR in my hand. Again, my issue is that RIGHT NOW, a full prep 1.6 or 1.8 SM does not have the performance envelope of the ITA Miata...so there is no issue allowing them to compete while prepped to the SM rules...but the rub is simple:

What if the SMAC/CRB decides to allow the MX5 in...and tries to balance them all in one class? 1.6's get spec cams and 2 points of compressions, 1.8's get spec cams, 99's lose their restriction....you can't have your class dependent on another classes rules that doesn't care about your class. Work it regionally.