Thread: ITS / ITA Honda/ Acura

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    OPINIONS PLEASE
    Would an RSX be a better ITR car then a 00 Civi be an ITS car?
    From what I gather the RSX has just a terrible suspension, but in IT some of that could be improved. Does it have enough usable HP/TQ to run with the BMWs?
    Thanks guys, for any help. This is a hard call for me, as budget racing requires extra good planning...... which is not my strong point. Would be nice to just write a check for the "right car" and go race, but I don't have that option.
    The RSX should have a hellavu engine in it with all the IT allowances. Weight will be so-so but it's got good brakes and should be able to fit a fair bit of tire under the fenders. How will it do against the BMW's out there? Probably not great but, as others have said, ITR doesn't have super-stout fields yet. Hell, I've out driven ITR cars in my old ITA CRX

Civic Si is going to be waaay down on torque and HP compared to essentially everything else in ITS. It'll have a better suspension than many of the other ITS cars (Miata's excluded) but I don't think that'll be enough to get it done. Think of the Civic Si as a lightweight and lower powered Integra GSR... it can be fast but probably not quite "podium" fast in a strong ITS field.

Were it me choosing between them, I'd go with the RSX and plan to spring the holy hell out of it, build up the engine, and essentially drag race from one corner to the next.

edit:
    I've heard that the K series engines in the RSX-S with IT allowances may be able to dyno 230-240whp... I dunno how accurate this hearsay is though. I know that I've seen dyno plots of a stock engine with intake making just under 210whp.
    Last edited by Xian; 09-26-2008 at 04:04 PM.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    The RSX should have a hellavu engine in it with all the IT allowances. Weight will be so-so but it's got good brakes and should be able to fit a fair bit of tire under the fenders. How will it do against the BMW's out there? Probably not great but, as others have said, ITR doesn't have super-stout fields yet. Hell, I've out driven ITR cars in my old ITA CRX

Civic Si is going to be waaay down on torque and HP compared to essentially everything else in ITS. It'll have a better suspension than many of the other ITS cars (Miata's excluded) but I don't think that'll be enough to get it done. Think of the Civic Si as a lightweight and lower powered Integra GSR... it can be fast but probably not quite "podium" fast in a strong ITS field.

Were it me choosing between them, I'd go with the RSX and plan to spring the holy hell out of it, build up the engine, and essentially drag race from one corner to the next.

edit:
    I've heard that the K series engines in the RSX-S with IT allowances may be able to dyno 230-240whp... I dunno how accurate this hearsay is though. I know that I've seen dyno plots of a stock engine with intake making just under 210whp.
    AHHH drag racing, brings to mind mt college days when I had a 442!
    Thanks, now to talk to some people who have raced the RSX in "B" trim.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

the Civic Si in ITS will certainly be cheaper to run, and would be just fine on competitiveness round these parts.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region