View Poll Results: Should non-USDM motors be allowed in ST?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO - USDM only

23 38.33%
  • YES

30 50.00%
  • Allow on a case by case basis

7 11.67%

Thread: Should NON-US motors be allowed in ST?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Completely understood and valid points. The big issue is there are easy options where people can make cheap, reliable power, and they're legislated out just because one or two people on the CRB don't want anything from overseas here.

As for a $3k junkyard engine being competitive to something built to the limit of the rules? no. my point was something that makes a helluvalot more power out of the box than what the current options are, and it will do it in stock-ish trim that will be much more reliable than something that puts out the same power in NA trim.
    Several local DE guys running these engines have 100k+ miles on them with original turbos and internals and have been putting down 300whp for years. Of course someone else could come along and throw a bucket of coin at it and make a whole lot more power on a 10hr engine, but there's nothing any of us can do about that.

The good thing about STU and turbo engines is you're limited through the inlet restrictor, which physics will dictate just how much air can flow through that hole and thus maximum power output.

I'm always going to get out-moneyed no matter where I go and what class I'm in.. At this point I'm just trying to help raise the potential of the bottom end of the playing field.
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 07-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7