Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
Are you saying that Chumpcrap has no place in SCCA?

I am just hoping that SCCA can loosen up their butts enough to share in this huge market that has been presented.
The time is right for an Endurance series to accept these drivers and their cars. With some basic rules!!
Please tell me what you really think.
PLEASE STOP talking global and concentrate LOCAL! MANY SCCA regions DO HAVE a place for these cars to race - I posted the ITE rules earlier for my Division. If safety is really IT or better - Bring the rule book and come play! You do need to have a race license (not the one purhcased for $25 - But one that is accepted by the region/division putting on the event). Other than that - this is a non-issue. If your local region has an issue - GET INVOLVED and make changes. Having ITE added at the divisional level should be an easy-ish task and you are good to go.

** Now if you want an endurance race - we don't do those in my division (or not often at all). We fill up all the time we have in the weekend. Yes we have 'extra' time in the schedule for worker breaks and 'fluff' built-in to allow for issue 'cleanup'. All done to try and ensure everyone gets to have the race they came for. Other divisions are different - there may be an enduro series out there that fits what you're looking for.