Thread: 2011 Race At Charlotte Motor Speedway - Format?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoe View Post
    Steve,

.... You have the right idea...

.... If you look at most of the race entries from last season you will find that the Double SARRC weekends had the most participants. Thus, I would say that making it a double SARRC should be the most important " deciding " factor.

.... Then throw in the CCPS race for Saturday night and quit treating the series like a "Red Headed Step Child" .... Let's support OUR races..... Isn't it Carolina Cup.... I thought so.
    The SARRC is the draw of the weekend and making it a double really makes the race shine and attractive to a large audience. The CCPS takes a back seat to the SARRC races. I'm fine with the CCPS series but I don't race it because the competition is nothing like the SARRC series. As such I don't think the majority of the track time should go to the CCPS. Sat night single CCPS sounds good but I bet a Sat night ECR sounds even better to a wider audience.

As proposed in June the weekend was a double SARRC and ECR under the lights. Sometime between June and now management made it a double CCPS and single SARRC without discussion outside themselves.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 12-16-2010 at 07:02 AM.