Thread: I.T. Triple Crown

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"I.T.SPEC*tacular" is tough to type - that's why we listed "IT Fest" in parentheses beside it. If that causes confusion in some minds then that person is too stupid to be the IT National Champion anyway.

The Bonus Points (and other rules) will apply to the (tbd) "IT-Fest West" event as well. That event will most likely happen in 2008, but we've not gotten final word from SFR on the date or format.

As Tom stated, the ITTC is for Sprint races only, not the Enduros.

There are three types of Bonus points:
    . fast qualifier
    . leading at least one lap in a race session
    . fastest race lap (of the weekend)

In the case of the IT Fest (or I.T.SPEC*tacular), there is only one qualifying session so that bonus point will be based only on that session. Leading a lap in any of the three races gets the second point (leading a lap in each of the three races still earns only one point total), then the fastest race lap regardless of which race it was set in gets that point. The final position points would be awarded based on the combined finishing position in the three races, not any single race.

At the ARRC (or "ARRC by GRM" for those easily confused), you'd have two sessions to earn the fast qualifier point, then only one race (the sprint race) to lead a lap and/or set fast race lap. The final order in that race would also be used to award the position points.

Hope that helps...
    Last edited by Butch Kummer; 04-10-2008 at 10:36 AM.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion