The fact that there hasn't been a rush to build NB's for C was taken into consideration during ITAC discussions about the Golf. They are both close enough that the question becomes "perhaps too light in B or a fat-ass in C?" Consensus was that since the latter approach with the NB didn't seem to set anyone on fire, we'd lean the other direction with the Golf.

Not having any direct experience to call on, we presumed that the Golf follows current industry practice of simply piling more junk into a similar steel box as previous versions. Regardless, the ITAC is currently willing to accept that a too-low minimum weight might result - one that's REALLY tough to get to - if that's what the math says it should be.

At this point, the only reasons I'd go the MKIV route would be similar to those I considered when choosing a MkIII over a MkII - it's a generation newer so the parts stream will be longer. I wonder too (based on my experience now w/the MkIII) if the IV's share the awful rust problems we seem to be stuck with...

K