Thread: dual water pump pulley?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OK, you can change pulleys, but no where does it say you can add another belt:026:
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

There is an implicit belt allowance with the pulley allowance, given that - by design - belt(s) will have to be changed with a change in diameter of pulleys. That is further clarified with the restriction that "type of accessory drive" must remain as stock.

Finally, within "Engine drive belts may be replaced with others of equivalent OEM specifications" so belts are implicitly "free" as long as they are equivalent to OEM (there's a wide open hole), and there's no subsequent restriction on the number of belts...

GA

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    OK, you can change pulleys, but no where does it say you can add another belt:026:
    And, Mazda RX7s come with multiple belts to drive multiple accesaries( Alt,AC, PS AIR Pump,) both of which pass over and drive the waterpump.

That said, if it came with two belts why cant you run two belts of a different size. Your allowed to remove AC and PS and AIR. The result is you need a shorter belt to drive the water pump that is driven by said accessary drive.

What is so confusing??????? You not adding any belts. Pretty simple if you ask me.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Dano, good point. Mine came with one belt. I have never actually seen the stock configuration so that being the case, I would have to agree its legal.
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Greg is correct. Follow the logic...if you can use any pulley, and you choose a dual pulley, you can then use dual belts even though it never says you can use dual belts...

They only way this would be illegal is if the ITCS specifically called out dual belts as illegal.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967