Thread: New to the party - ITA Fiero GT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I still think, after tons of money and time in development, that is a potential "car to have" in ITA along with the CRX, Integra, 240sx and Miata.
    Last edited by JeffYoung; 06-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    I still think, after tons of money and time in development, that is a potential "car to have" in ITA along with the CRX, Integra, 240sx and Miata.
    except there are loads of aftermarket support for the CRX, teg, 240 and Miata's. lot's of part availability, and used chassis laying around. as for the Fiero, only 17,000+- '88's were built, although there were a lot of earlier cars, everyone want's the later chassis.

this car look's great... I wish you guys the best of luck and as a former Fiero owner, I am completely envious!

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    those things have some monster torque! should do well at the faster tracks. good luck! good to hear other cars being built.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Great looking car!
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Part of the reason i chose ITA was the variability of speed, cornering, braking , etc... of the cars as opposed to the relative frieght train of SM and such. If you use a rough 146-148 hp stock and a 25% multiplier here (just making this up... no holy war... already happening around the globe)... that should make for a pretty stout little monster down the straights! Have fun.
    Brad
    1995 Mazda Miata (aka Black Betty)