Thread: STx Notes, December Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I can see excluding the lotus Elise chassis but to do the same to the 'teg R and the S2000, or their motors, makes no sense to me. if they are willing to allow >3.0L motors or other non-standard allowances at alternate weights (even if only in the originally equipped delivered vehicles and not swaps, which is not clear), why not do the same for these cars in STL?

the Boxter S might fit into STU, I don't know. but consistancy is needed in the application of the admittedly very new rules. and they need to stop changing them so damned often to let a class develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    I can see excluding the lotus Elise chassis but to do the same to the 'teg R and the S2000, or their motors, makes no sense to me.
    I imagine they would both dominate the class.

The Boxter S might fit into STU, I don't know.
    At stock 250HP yes they would fit but with a 3.2L flat six it doesn't. I'm affraid the "S" is a misfit in SCCA and regulated to T2 for now. Sucks!

if they are willing to allow a 3.8 and 4.0L V6 mustang with 0.040 over and +0.5CR with stock cams, they should be willing to allow the Boxter S with simillar restrictions and an appropriat specified weight under 9.1.4.2.H

they could do likewise in STL by making an alternate minimum weight for the S2000 and ITR. a miata chassis pretty simillar to an S2000 and less tricky (their are complaints from some about the S2000 rear suspension geometry) and there are very good motors available to go into it (i.e. MZR 2.0L with allowed mods).

either way, they need to add language to clarify if the vehicles listed in 9.1.4.1/2.H are eligible for engine swaps FROM that list and the mechanism for assigning weight to such vehicles.

Default Stl ?

Quick question about STL; does the same age rule apply? Only cars 1985+ can compete? I might not be interpreting the rules correctly so I need some clarification. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by suki101 View Post
    ...does the same age rule apply? Only cars 1985+ can compete?
    Correct.