Thread: New England Region IT EZ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

could also be a nice place for IT7's to double dip
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

Exactly!!!!!!!!

But I already have a Crap Can with Class.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by georgethefierce View Post
    could also be a nice place for IT7's to double dip
    "I know we have softened on the whole appearance thing for the ITEZ cars, but those over there are just way out of bounds. We have to maintain some acceptable level of standards!"

"That's the IT7 crowd, sir."

IMPROVED TOURING ENDURO (Class designation = ITE)
    The purpose of the ITE class is to allow vehicles from other professional race
    Series, Pro-Rally, Showroom Stock (those not otherwise eligible for IT or SS) and equivalent marquee club classes to compete at a regional level. No guarantee of competitiveness or equality is expressed or implied.
    To that end, the ITE rules and guidelines are that ALL VEHICLES MUST:
    - Meet (at minimum) current Improved Touring safety specifications.
    - Run DOT approved street radials; tire brand is free. However, wheel and tire Specifications must be per the original series rules. Original series (except Pro-Rally) must have run exclusively on DOT tires.
    - Compete in their declared series specification, except for tire brand & modifications, to meet SCCA safety specs.
    - Display current SCCA Club racing decals; all other sanctioning bodies' Identification must be removed or covered.
    - Posses an SCCA (only) vehicle logbook and roll cage number.
    - Meet the current SCCA sound requirements.
    ALL COMPETITORS MUST conform to current SCCA General Competition Rules.
    ALL ENTRANTS MUST have in their possession, and available to tech personnel or the Chief Steward, the "Series Rulebooks and specification sheets" (IMSA Rulebook, SCCA Pro-Racing rulebook, Pro-Rally rulebook, etc.) and an official manufacturer’s shop manual(s) to authenticate the vehicle in its state / condition of preparation.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    The purpose of the ITE class is to allow vehicles from other professional race series, Pro-Rally, Showroom Stock (those not otherwise eligible for IT or SS) and equivalent marquee club classes to compete at a regional level.
    That right there kinda kills off the crapcan cars....

Besides, ITE is typically dropped into the biger bore groups, such as AS, STU/STO, etc. not really appropriate for the class of cars we're talking about. - GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    "I know we have softened on the whole appearance thing for the ITEZ cars, but those over there are just way out of bounds. We have to maintain some acceptable level of standards!"

"That's the IT7 crowd, sir."

LOL!

Dick, I think you are doing this exactly right. There are also quite a few HPDE type cars that folks have built that have engine swaps etc.

and you guys are providing them a place/class to race and experience SCCA and it is up to the rest of us at the rack to make the experience worth returning to.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    LOL!

Dick, I think you are doing this exactly right. There are also quite a few HPDE type cars that folks have built that have engine swaps etc.

and you guys are providing them a place/class to race and experience SCCA and it is up to the rest of us at the rack to make the experience worth returning to.
    Amen Brother Tom
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

The ITEZ rule is the same as the ITE rule. ??
    Last years NE ITE winner was the Turbo VW?? Why not run the R cars in the ITE class designation and the 180 cars in the ITEZ class , same group? Solves all of our issues.. And keeps the ITEZ inside of the rule set for the cars interested. The other (R tire) double dippers can simply run ITE in the same group and get another race.

FOR SCCA to gain some of the orphan cars, we need to address this market with a big picture plan. Somewhat similar to the Chumpemons marketing.
    We need some sort of nationwide rules agreement. The 180 tires and SCCA safety were the standard minimum parameters. The engine size or power is used some places depending on local interest and cars.

We need a " ITEZ coordinator" to take all of this data and post it on a site that "Google" can find.

We need to have a nationwide schedule posted in an easy access fashion . dedicated website to the ITEZ??

We need a PR person to put out PR to relative points of interest. face Book, "Grassroots", " Racer" etc. With lead time!!
    Not 60days.

Face it , posting " we want Chumpcars" on the SCCA site and in the SCCA regional papers, just bites us in the ass. ( many comments drive away outsiders).

We need to find the demographic and hit it. The few Chumps that read these boards are already SCCA memebers. (waste of time as is most of this.)
    Doing little blurbs here and there , waste of time.

How can one get all of the races, rules, etc and post them in one place?
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

I give up.

Dick, I appreciate all the effort you have put into this. Fortunately I know you have a thick skin and wont take all of this personally..........
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by greg amy View Post
    i give up.
    :026:
    Jason Carroll - NER IT7 #07

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I give up.