Thread: Some things got missed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anything allowed to run IT is allowed in STx, so running a fully prepped IT car just means you have a barely-prepped STx car. They'll be slow, but they fit within the STx ruleset. This allows them to run national races in STx, but they're not going to do well against real competition.

But yeah.. basically it's a chance for the IT guys to double-enter or to go to Nats and get their butts spanked by the guys who spend a lot of money.
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 11-02-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    Anything allowed to run IT is allowed in STx, so running a fully prepped IT car just means you have a barely-prepped STx car. They'll be slow, but they fit within the STx ruleset. This allows them to run national races in STx, but they're not going to do well against real competition.

But yeah.. basically it's a chance for the IT guys to double-enter or to go to Nats and get their butts spanked by the guys who spend a lot of money.
    Can't I do that in limited prep prod with just adding some slicks?

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post

Stephen
    If you want to look at it that way, sure... As long as the car you're looking to run has a spec line somewhere in Prod... do ALL IT cars have a spec line in Prod?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post

Stephen
    "Just add slicks"....that's not cheap. They say the IT cars...all of 'em, can go play in STx. Of course, the competitiveness of that depends on the field that shows up....just like it would be if you ran an event in Prod.

I haven't checked in awhile, but don't you need a fuel cell in Prod too? So, right there, you've got $1600 or so to dip your feet in prod.

Hey, I'm not saying that I think it's a good idea, but...we've heard the IT cars running in Nationals as a 'reason" for STx to be. (or, more exactly, one of) Now, somebody official could come on here and set me straight, and that would be great.

I was just throwing out concepts and things I've heard.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

and a real fire system if you don't already have it, if I'm not mistaken...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

You dont have to run slicks,tires are per GCR requirement. dosent say slicks

Fuel cell not required if plastic tank mounted between frame rails forward of rear axle.

Fire system should already be there,you have a kid now. DO IT RIGHT

Dan 77 IT7

Running an IT car in prod does not require you run slicks. In fact if you look at competitive SM times at the Glen (2:18 - 2:19) and look at FP times from this years National it would have put that SM in the top 5! Now take a real ITA Miata and run it in FP and you are down right in the fight, especially when the fragile FP cars go BOOM!
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eprodrx7 View Post
    Running an IT car in prod does not require you run slicks. In fact if you look at competitive SM times at the Glen (2:18 - 2:19) and look at FP times from this years National it would have put that SM in the top 5! Now take a real ITA Miata and run it in FP and you are down right in the fight, especially when the fragile FP cars go BOOM!
    Hey john get back to work Just kidding... see you soon!

Glad to see your still lurking with the IT guys and gals, eventhough your now a professional racecar driver with a professional championship win under your belt!

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by eprodrx7 View Post
    Now take a real ITA Miata and run it in FP and you are down right in the fight, especially when the fragile FP cars go BOOM!
    Except nobody has a real ITA Miata eligible for FP.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    "Just add slicks"....that's not cheap. They say the IT cars...all of 'em, can go play in STx. Of course, the competitiveness of that depends on the field that shows up....just like it would be if you ran an event in Prod.

I haven't checked in awhile, but don't you need a fuel cell in Prod too? So, right there, you've got $1600 or so to dip your feet in prod.

Hey, I'm not saying that I think it's a good idea, but...we've heard the IT cars running in Nationals as a 'reason" for STx to be. (or, more exactly, one of) Now, somebody official could come on here and set me straight, and that would be great.

I was just throwing out concepts and things I've heard.

Jake, sorry to quote you, I didn't mean that it was your thought or philosophy. I just wanted to pose the question since it is rumored and posted here often by several different people. To me ST seems farther from IT than production and IF SCCA wants to tap into the current IT car participation then I think they should promote IT cars running in already existing classes rather than adding more. I personally love IT and I have no interest in production and less interest in ST however I get how another person may find the class interesting with the freedom of engines and other things like wings and such. It appears to be a much different class than what we have had in the past and if it helps SCCA grow and appeals to others then I fully support it and wish the class well.

Stephen