Thread: Diff Coolers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    That's big difference from a carpet hold-down clip, which is specifically allowed to be removed.. The rules state that there must be a metal shield/bulkhead between the driver compartment and the gas tank or any hose/tube that carries combustible liquid- i.e. oil or fuel lines. and/or those lines must be metal or metal braided.

This is a safety thing for all classes, not a you-can't-remove-that-in-IT thing.

In come classes (like STU), it's mentioned right there in the rules. it's also listed in the regular ruleset under 9.3.(28?) specifically regarding fuel cells, but the same rules apply to the factory tank too. can't remember exactly where it says it, but it's in there.
    I thought that too when i read the post. But, thinking further, I bet those lines are metal. If they ARE rubber, then yea, that's a problem.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    I thought that too when i read the post. But, thinking further, I bet those lines are metal. If they ARE rubber, then yea, that's a problem.
    I'm assuming the cover he's referring to is the one that covers the fuel pump and the rubber lines that attach the pump/sending unit to the factory hard lines. there's a ~6" section of rubber line there on send and return lines.

http://boostedmiata.com/FAQ/fuel_install/step1.jpg
    http://boostedmiata.com/FAQ/fuel_install/step2.jpg

If I saw a car roll through tech without that panel, I'd sure as heck put that in the logbook to fix.
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 06-27-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7