Quote Originally Posted by coreyehcx View Post
Ive been finishing an STL civic with a b18b but was dissapointed to again see brake allowances unchanged in June. Im not removing my o.e. larger front brakes so I guess I will just run HPDEs until it changes.
Since it's a rule change, it will not apply until the 2012 racing season. It's not been voted on yet, but I suspect it will pass for 2012.

If you want to be legal, then feel free to run in STU until next year. I'm not suggesting you should cheat, but I do suggest that everyone involved, including the competitors, have a vested interest in getting the STL participation numbers "up" in 2011. As such, and given brakes are likely to pass for 2012, you may consider asking competitors to overlook your indiscretions in 2011. But, to be clear, it would be non-compliant to the STL regs to run alternate brakes in 2011.

So is this really saying that all IT cars (including my ITA CRX) have to run in STU for double-dipping purposes? This can't be right.
Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
Oops. It does say "shall", not "may", implying that anything listed in the ITCS cannot compete in STL.
I disagree. Any car that is IT-legal but less than 2L displacement should be legal in STL, based on the mods allowed in each class. The STU note is to clarify, allow, and encourage participation in STU by IT competitors.

GA