Thread: ITR to run w/ ITA/SM5/T3 at MARRS Labor Day Doubl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    Yes they do! After all the bitching about ITR this and ITR that - PLEASE show up! Several of us worked very hard to have ITR included in the Grand-Am support race @ Mid-Ohio this year to have exactly 0 cars enter in ITR. With that lack of support, I wouldn't look for that class to be included if the event is held again... (just my .02¢)
    I would have included that on my schedule if it wasn't decided last minute. I can't decide to make a 12hr plus tow after my $$ is planned out for the season already. Make these decisions in December and you may get more people to show up. I get that some of us racers have a flexible job schedule and extra money to make last minute plans but my money and vacation plans are set over the winter. I had posted the question on this site multiple times when trying to plan my season.

Stephen.

Are there that many ITR drivers racing currently? I know we've only had one ITR car run in a MARRS event this year, and when we were down at VIR there were a couple of SARRC ITR cars. Are there more up north?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Lots of us up north. I bet 15+ but I haven't added everyone up to be honest. I know of at least two more being built as well. another thing to realize if I were to travel to a marrs race or mid Ohio I would need to give up 3 other race weekends just from travel costs!

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    I would have included that on my schedule if it wasn't decided last minute. I can't decide to make a 12hr plus tow after my $$ is planned out for the season already. Make these decisions in December and you may get more people to show up. I get that some of us racers have a flexible job schedule and extra money to make last minute plans but my money and vacation plans are set over the winter. I had posted the question on this site multiple times when trying to plan my season.

Stephen.
    This whole event was last minute... In December, we didn't even know this was a possibility again for us to do. I appreciate the schedule comment, but around here we don't even have race dates from M-O until early in the current year. So planning a race season in December isn't an option for folks around here. (for the most part) Several of us pushed hard to get ITR included in the event to have exactly 0 show up. The event was a sell-out with a waiting list for ITS-ITC and SM. We had the cleanest and closest racing of the weekend and I believe everyone had a blast.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA