Thread: Make Head and Neck Restraints Mandatory?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrar05 View Post
    I can't use that when I want to run a Mustang Challenge race. I can't use my Hybrid either in those races. I have a modest budget at best. I can't afford a different H&N and helmet package for each sanctioning body I want to race with.
    I guess I was thinking of the wrong Mustang Challenge race. The one I know of uses the cars built by Ford, which sold for $75K. A guy I know rents one for the season, and it works out to be about $10K a race.

if that's the same series you're going to do two events in, I wouldn't mind having your "modest budget", LOL.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    I guess I was thinking of the wrong Mustang Challenge race. The one I know of uses the cars built by Ford, which sold for $75K. A guy I know rents one for the season, and it works out to be about $10K a race.

if that's the same series you're going to do two events in, I wouldn't mind having your "modest budget", LOL.
    1. A used $75k Mustang Challenge car is a lot less. A lot.
    2. That $10k includes A LOT of professional race team overhead. Tractor Trailer, Max tools, Crew, Hospitality and so on.
    3. The races are sprint races. 4 sessions. One set of new tires and a little more than on tank of fuel. If I wanted to run a
    Mustang Challenge race I could do it for 30% of a rental. That would qualify as modest.
    Last edited by Cobrar05; 11-28-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Hey - on the egress question, note this little item in the December Fastrack:

Item 2. Effective 1/1/09: Add the following sentence to section 9.1.3.D.9.m:
    If equipped, the vent window and its supporting structure may be removed.

K

Letter sent............

***Item 2. Effective 1/1/09: Add the following sentence to section 9.1.3.D.9.m:
    If equipped, the vent window and its supporting structure may be removed.***

As much as some of you guys (not you K) dislike the Spec Miata I believe this ^ is a trickle down safety rule from Spec Miata.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
    Letter sent............

***Item 2. Effective 1/1/09: Add the following sentence to section 9.1.3.D.9.m:
    If equipped, the vent window and its supporting structure may be removed.***

As much as some of you guys (not you K) dislike the Spec Miata I believe this ^ is a trickle down safety rule from Spec Miata.
    You're right. The original request was for SMs to get the allowance when running in IT. But, it is a good idea, and therefore, it will be implemented across the board.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrar05 View Post
    1. A used $75k Mustang Challenge car is a lot less. A lot.
    2. That $10k includes A LOT of professional race team overhead. Tractor Trailer, Max tools, Crew, Hospitality and so on.
    3. The races are sprint races. 4 sessions. One set of new tires and a little more than on tank of fuel. If I wanted to run a
    Mustang Challenge race I could do it for 30% of a rental. That would qualify as modest.
    Hey, it's modest for my pal who runs the season, LOL. I'd love to have a part of his "modest'!

The series isn't even a year old, yet...what are used ones selling for? Is the series growing next year?
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Hey, it's modest for my pal who runs the season, LOL. I'd love to have a part of his "modest'!

The series isn't even a year old, yet...what are used ones selling for? Is the series growing next year?
    There are four cars on the market that I know of. All around the $50k mark. All not selling. There built 77 of the cars and have more than half that number still unsold.

Its a buyer's market. The price of a used race car will drop further.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Smile

Letter sent yesterday. opposed to mandated H&NR. Pro choice.

Chuck
    ITA#34
    Atlanta Ga