Thread: ITR Mustang

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chris how have you observed this? Someone in the car hitting the pedal while you watch?

On the rears, how hard do you use them? Can you lock the rears? Do you have the stock proportioning valve, or an adjustable?

ONe of the tricks to getting a Z car or the TR8 to stop is to make sure you are actually using the drums in the rear, but taking out the stock proportioning valve, putting in an adjustable, and dialing in rear brake.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Chris how have you observed this? Someone in the car hitting the pedal while you watch?

On the rears, how hard do you use them? Can you lock the rears? Do you have the stock proportioning valve, or an adjustable?

ONe of the tricks to getting a Z car or the TR8 to stop is to make sure you are actually using the drums in the rear, but taking out the stock proportioning valve, putting in an adjustable, and dialing in rear brake.
    The front calipers gradually distort as they are exposed to repeated brake torque and high operating temperatures. I make it a habit to check pad wear after every track event, and eyeball the caliper fingers. When the pads are cock-eyed and the fingers are splayed out, there's no need to measure anything, as you can see the caliper distortion in plain sight.

So the caliper doesn't really flex like a rubber band and then regain original shape. It changes shape permanently. It distorts. Sorry if I had anyone confused on that one--- I was using too loose of an interpretation of "flex"

Car has a stock proportioning valve. I never notice rear lockup. I usually am a moderately gentle braker for the very reason that the Mustang brakes are crap.
    Last edited by RedMisted; 01-05-2010 at 02:37 AM.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series