Thread: ITAC News.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Oh, I think NASA publishes their method. (For the PT category)
    No, they don't. The base classing and weights are a mystery, known only to the PT committee (which to my last knowledge was 1 guy, but that was a couple years ago, don't know if anything has changed.)
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    No, they don't. The base classing and weights are a mystery, known only to the PT committee (which to my last knowledge was 1 guy, but that was a couple years ago, don't know if anything has changed.)
    My mistake, I thought there was a base formula and a lot of 'points" and such that moved you up or down.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    My mistake, I thought there was a base formula and a lot of 'points" and such that moved you up or down.
    There is. Each car is listed in a class with a minimum weight. You can run it 100% stock in the listed class. Or, you can make changes to your car which accumulate points, which might move you up or down. But the base listing is where competitiveness is really determined, and how that is determined is not public.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    Base class assignment methodology isn't published, but weight is OEM listed weight (at least from what I can tell).

From what I read base class is based on OEM engine HP, brakes (size, type, w/wo ABS), FWD/RWD, you know all the things you would expect. If it turns out a car is a class killer, they will add points for specific cars that are tweeners... The power to weight cap also keeps things very even. Helps prevent people with large wallets from creating killer engines since you can get to the p/wt caps with bolt ones, cams and ECU mods. My junk yard motor can make IT power with a $500 set of cams, instead of $5000 pro engine rebuild which only lasts 2 seasons.

I am seriously considering which sand box I am going to play in...
    Enjoy,
    Bill