Thread: Deisel hits 3.92 9 Time to park the truck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by robits325is View Post
    Diesel hit $3.99 in Danbury last night - Up .35 in one day

I remember in the 70s & 80s the News would be at truck stops every day interviewing truck drivers. I wonder why they arn't complaining.
    The truck companies are now allowed to make a "Fuel surchage" have to do frequent overnight shipping of letters just opened an invoice from UPS letter was 16.50 + 2.89 fuel charge. Our Garbage collection has a surcharge for fuel The EXPERTS :eek: can't understand what is slowing the economy and why credit card debt is skyrocketing.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by tdw6974 View Post
    The truck companies are now allowed to make a "Fuel surchage" have to do frequent overnight shipping of letters just opened an invoice from UPS letter was 16.50 + 2.89 fuel charge. Our Garbage collection has a surcharge for fuel The EXPERTS :eek: can't understand what is slowing the economy and why credit card debt is skyrocketing.

Yesterday here in So Cal I saw prices at $4.19

tdw
    To answer your question on the 1998 Cabrio, they are not "bad" cars. Only buy a stick shift, VW automatics still leave a lot to be desired in the longevity/durability department. You will probably have coolant leak issues with the Cabrio (they come from the factory with it) and it uses special VW/Audi coolant that only the dealer sells.
    As long as you can grasp that the Cabrio is not a Honda or Toyota as far as reliabilty goes you will be a happy VW pilot. But the flip side is that the Hondas and Toyotas just don't have the tactile feel that the VW has.

My opinion and worth exactly what it cost you, nothing.

cheers
    Dave Parker
    WDCR HP#97
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Those cars don't have dramatic issues. The earlier A3 chassis cars do have some engine wiring harness gremlins over time, but a 98 should be in better shape than the 93-95 cars that people I know had issues with. Rust can be an issue in the floors, being a convertible I wonder if it has had any less inclement weather exposure...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com