Thread: STL - what's going to be hot?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Yes on the base weight but the Miata gets +2.5% for being RWD.
    Sorry, but where is that specified? I honestly don't recall seeing that...

On edit: Sorry, just found it. That's in a terrible location in the rules, guys! Why is that buried in a rule about re-fabricated rear suspensions in STO and STU??? I see a line that starts with "STO and STU cars that come with a solid rear axle..." and it doesn't apply to me and I move on. Dropping in a coda that has nothing to do with that opening line is bad ju-ju...Seriously, move that rule to the the STL-specific section, like where the minimum weights are specified...? While you're at it, delete and move the .18 one to its appropriate class-specific area, too.

As a general rule-writing rule, if a line applies only to a specific class, move it to the specific class's rules section.

So, as you can tell, this 2.5% is truly news to me, I thought FWD and RWD were on equal weight parity. Being a FWD'er I'm OK with it, of course; after all, we've had many prior technical discussions about the relative value of FWD vs RWD, and I'm on record that FWD should get a weight break. On the other hand, 2.5% ain't that bad; it's only 62 pounds on 2500...

So scratch that sentence of mine you refer to, I see where the RWD'ers get a tad more weight. - GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 10-27-2010 at 03:15 PM.