Thread: Camaros and Firebirds in ITR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I intend to add the "Japanese Car Catcher" nose plow to my 89 ITR Mulletmobile and go Teg and 240sx hunting in the braking zone for turn 1 at VIR next year. Miatas are too small game. Not enough meat on the bones. CRXs don't even qualify as cars.

Hmmmmm.....I love the smell of cracked rotor in the morning. Soldier, you WILL trail brake that corner!
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    ITR Mulletmobile and go Teg
    That'd be a Type Arrrrrrrhhhhh to you matey!

"I've got a Teg" is just plain gay on a thread about Mulletmobiles.

Amen Bro! What IS a Teg by the way? Is that like Tegma, you know dick cheese or something?

My Beyatchin' Maro is going to refight WWII in every braking zone at CMP. Land of the Rising Sun my 305 cubic inch ass!

[p.s. -- no offense to the Teg boys, just riffin' here]
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Arrow

Well, don't punt my Land O the Rising Sun Z car off at turn one with your 305 inch Mulletmobile. It is likely I'll still be racing it for some time to come.

Especially if my alternative is to drive a Teg.

Chuckle all you want but regardless of how good the idea is, or how well presented the proposal, I've come to the conclusion that there are just some folks who have fundamental biases against the idea of 'merican iron soiling the Deutcheswundersautosundtourenwagen class.

I haven't seen another proposal in recent memory that is so buried in red herrings.

K

We understand. I think the humor on our side comes from seeing no other way to deal with irrational (red herring) arguments about why these cars should not be in R. Hell, I remember one comment during the initial ITR discussions about them that went something like "I had one when I was sixteen and that thing would lay a 100 ft. wheel -- no way is that car in ITR with a Hondura Tegma 2000."

Silliness. The cars clearly fit by the numbers, most people want them in, TONS of folks are interested in buidling them (I am not by the way) and yet there is a debate?

Total screw up by SCCA leadership if this does not go through for the reasons I've heard to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Chuckle all you want but regardless of how good the idea is, or how well presented the proposal, I've come to the conclusion that there are just some folks who have fundamental biases against the idea of 'merican iron soiling the Deutcheswundersautosundtourenwagen class.

I haven't seen another proposal in recent memory that is so buried in red herrings.

K
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post

K
    It's the lay of the land, Kirk. And it's OK that way. Sometimes things need explanations...the opposition needs awakening, or enlightening. And that's fine. It makes me do my homework, understand the big picture, forces me to think outside the box, from another point of view, and to look for ways to explain things differently.

I've certainly been guilty of reacting to proposals without thinking them through completely, then changing my mind as I researched them. (just ask Dick, who's probably changed my mind...or should I say "opened" it, with one statement more than most people i know)

In the end, when reason is discussed, prejudices should fall away.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Has this proposal been put in? when wouldwe know the results?

:026:

Marcus
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)