Thread: The Devil in the Dark 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Great event, as always. Good class win and overall finish for the Blethens, they've worked hard to get there.

Dark/light - well less dark driving makes it less enduro-ish, but I understand the needs that drive an earlier start/stop time.

Will the results (and all the individual laps) get posted on Mylaps? I've looked but not seen them as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MMiskoe View Post
    Will the results (and all the individual laps) get posted on Mylaps? I've looked but not seen them as of yet.
    Also, will fast laps count toward track records? I could have the LCC3 track record...until the next LCC3 car shows up!

Check the supps. Generally, enduros do not honor lap records because the various configs of the car cannot be verified through the event (e.g., remove all weight, toss on non-compliant go-fast equipment, come back into compliance for end of race...)

I know I've seen that before, but checked the supps twice and didn't find it. Makes sense that those times aren't allowed for track records.

Would be incentive to come back to a JRB event this season! It would be great to have a couple LCC cars out there.

(e.g., remove all weight, toss on non-compliant go-fast equipment, come back into compliance for end of race...)
    So how often do you think that happens in a race like this? We were speculating about the speed of the SM cars vrs our ITS Miata. On more than one occasion we've been nose to tail w/ no discernable difference in speed at the exit of the last corner and we get pulled to turn 1. We're running a car w/ header, intake, compression bump, lighter weight and no restrictor and an SM car can have legs on us. Seems suspect. Knowing how easy it is pull the restrictor it has often made me wonder if this gets done during these races.

Quote Originally Posted by MMiskoe View Post
    So how often do you think that happens in a race like this?
    No idea. But it's a 5-minute job that could certainly yield be worth that "investment" over 12 hours.

Pretty obvious for other teams to spot though. I think weight would be the most likely. Last stint have more fuel and heaviest driver on the team finish it out. Other sessions be underweight.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Will

I know I've seen that before, but checked the supps twice and didn't find it.
    Page 7 / G E N E R A L / 1. TIMING & SCORING ... last sentence: No track records will be recognized during this event.

What tGA said

Would be incentive to come back to a JRB event this season! It would be great to have a couple LCC cars out there.
    LeChump (LCCx) cars are welcome at all of our JRB regionals, starting with Pocono this month and continuing at NJMP in June, August and October.

Terry