Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
First of all I am only a fly on the wall in this process. My current position does not allow me to unduly influence Narrc decisions, however I think maybe some are being critical of those that are trying to put together a great series.

The Narrc series has never been a tighter schedule. A small number of events and a pretty well spaced out schedule. Good work given the scheduling limitations imposed on our club.

I think it unfair to claim that the format is what it is in order to force drivers to attend a region’s races. Most of the participating regions races are not on the Narrc schedule.

There has always been a fear that Narrc championships would be won by drivers that were good at one or two tracks. Narrc is a touring series centered around Lime Rock. The committee feels that one should not become a champion by being good at LRP and maybe one other track. With such a short tight schedule if there were drops this could happen.

With this years schedule a driver can be competitive with a much smaller commitment of resources that is years past.

If the schedule of this touring series does not meet a particular competitors needs then there are certainly alternatives. See Jerry’s note about the Nerrc series. There is also Jrrc, Nysrrc, Marrs and Pro-IT and for those that are not motivated by a series, which is most, there are tons of races and formats available throughout the northeast.

Compared with the rest of the nation we in the northeast have an embarrassment of riches with regard to opportunities for regional racing. No one else in the country has it as good.
Dick,

I agree that the schedule looks pretty decent. Spacing is ok, number of events is good. In MY tenure as a NARRC competitor, the worry about a one-track-wonder always centered around NHIS and a pile of events there. Now it's spread all over the Division. Recent years have added WGI and spread events out. Some folks didn't like bonus points and this year we try it without those. All excellent moves.

Just because there are fewer OVERALL events, doesn't mean that you have lessened the committment needed to win. This year you have to attend 8 of 8. In previous years, it was the best 8 of 14. Still 8 if you are in a points race.

A simple modification to the structure to allow for us to be actual human beings is what we are asking for. Best 6 of 8. It solves all the issues and it addresses a key desire that the racers have had for years.