Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
That is Stephen not Raymond! I keep to myself lately. Unfortunately I have never really had a positive experience with the ITAC or CRB so I don't really have any comments...

Raymond

PS: The Audi in question never got a weight change, keep the facts better than Phil, Chris, Bob and Peter!!!
Jeff is still on the ITAC, so he has to remain professional. I, however, don't.

That statement, is, to be blunt, bullshit.

And selfish. First, it's very crappy to judge an entire committees years of work based on YOUR car. Do you not race in a category?? In a class within that category?? Is the Committee solely concerned with ONE car that is raced by what, FOUR guys...ever??? Should THAT car be set with a blind eye to the hundreds of other races in the class?
Stop being so self centered and think bigger picture. The ITAC has done a ton of good across the category, and you are better for it. ITS was a mess. ITR didn't exist. ITA had big issues. And ITB is certainly better than what it was, (Although it's still got issues)

And while you might not LIKE what they've done to your car, throwing the ITAC under the bus is flat out wrong. THREE members resigned in protest over the way YOUR fucking car was treated. NObody has ever given MY car more than 5 minutes of discussion, (And oh, by theway, it's raced by a LOT more people than your old Audi) and they sure haven't resigned over it! And do you hear me bitching? NO, because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. And when was the last time you saw the members of any other AD Hoc consult with YOU, and go out and spend THEIR own money trying to get reliable data on YOUR car?

I didn't like the way IT was being treated or run. So I volunteered and joined the committee, and spent hundreds of hours and hundreds of dollars to try and improve things. Have you?

ITB is a better class now than it was before, and it's because of the ITAC. YOUR class is better. YOUR racing is better. YOU have more choices. Sorry if YOUR car isn't exactly what you want. But that car has more unreliable data floating about it than nearly any other car. Funny that you SWEAR that some data is the right data, and that data happens to benefit , ummm, YOU!

Was your car treated properly by the CRB? Nope. (Join the crowd) There are 300 PLUS cars in the ITCS. If the ITAC can create a process and run it and get 50% "right", it's doing great. Because of various real world reasons, and the limitations of racing stock based cars, some cars (like mine, like yours) fall through the cracks.

Thats life. Move on. But don't come here and say you've never had a positive experience with the ITAC, because if you race in IT, you've had a positive experience, and you can thank the ITAC for it. Think big picture, not, "MY car doesn't weight what I think it should".

Sorry if you think I'm being a dick.

And just to be a equal opportunity dick, the ITAC, as a body, as no excuse for the lack of results, or at least the lack of communication over the ITB reorg. I know its difficult..I've seen the numbers and the "That doesn't make sense" aspects of the cars and ratings. But it's been 4 YEARS! I suspect that some committee members are putting the work in, others aren't. Which, if true, sucks for the guys pulling the weight. But, it's a volunteer gig, and I can point at HUNDREDS of guys who whine but don't pitch in, so it's hard to throw too many stones at the guys who DO pitch in, even if they're dragging their feet.
But, yea, ITAC: It's past time to move on this. At least be transparent and communicate. I KNOW it sucks to keep coming on here and giving the same speech: "Hey, we're working on it but progress is slow". But maybe somebody will read that and volunteer to pitch in.