Thread: The demise of ITR at WDC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I agree John - rolling around the track by yourself is a driver ed day, not a race. It's not always about where you finish but the excitement of passing and being passed and working on race craft. Running door to door with other cars in all classes is where it's at, at least, that's what I like and it's missing at SP for ITR. Lot's of the tracks in the NE have S and R battling to the finish and I don't know anybody complaining about messing up class specific races.

But I don't think this will be a problem because ITR will skip SP and go to NJMP.

I do respect that the guys getting lapped lose some track time. When I ran GT1 at LimeRock the friggin race lasted 15 minutes because we ran in the low 50's for a 15 or 18 lap race. Anybody grouped with GT1 was pretty unhappy - nobody wants a shorter race.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I agree John - rolling around the track by yourself is a driver ed day, not a race. It's not always about where you finish but the excitement of passing and being passed and working on race craft. Running door to door with other cars in all classes is where it's at, at least, that's what I like and it's missing at SP for ITR. Lot's of the tracks in the NE have S and R battling to the finish and I don't know anybody complaining about messing up class specific races.

But I don't think this will be a problem because ITR will skip SP and go to NJMP.

I do respect that the guys getting lapped lose some track time. When I ran GT1 at LimeRock the friggin race lasted 15 minutes because we ran in the low 50's for a 15 or 18 lap race. Anybody grouped with GT1 was pretty unhappy - nobody wants a shorter race.
    I understand. I was always envious of the NE ITR/ITS racing watching your videos and such.I am still bringing you a nice picture taken by Roz.