Thread: Memorial Day weekend at the Glen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As the cry goes out "there's too many races" but....the weekend came available!
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    As the cry goes out "there's too many races" but....the weekend came available!
    Around here (Ohio), if a track weekend becomes available - we pick it up. Weekends don't come available often - so when they do we take advantage and pick it up. If we (SCCA) don't take it - another group will.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    Around here (Ohio), if a track weekend becomes available - we pick it up. Weekends don't come available often - so when they do we take advantage and pick it up. If we (SCCA) don't take it - another group will.
    And we get that for sure. But imagine you had a super popular regional AND a National on the same weekend, than another regional pops up.

*I* personally don't care because since this is a MARRS event, I am sure it will be well attended because they are drawing from a pool typically not taken from, but what we as drivers hate to have to answer is the 'where is everyone' question when it's obvious that there are so many races that the available pool is diluted.

Having said that, this years NARRC schedule has receive RAVE reviews. Great tracks at about 1 race per month. It's perfect for most people I have talked to.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I'm happy this event is available!!! WGI>NHMS

Drivers are one thing... what about workers?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"