Thread: Noise complaint group at NJMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In her example it seems to me that it is the GT cars on track. the sound of a 500+ hp v8 is pertty distinguishable.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    In her example it seems to me that it is the GT cars on track. the sound of a 500+ hp v8 is pertty distinguishable.
    I see that as one of our big concerns. If the track is forced long term to only allow a certain amount of non-muffled events. (Like limerock) I bet we will end up paying more to keep those dates and again like other tracks our entries will need to go up. Quieter cars and doing our part as Good neighbors isn't a bad idea and maybe something we should start to look into. ..

Stephen

However alot of people, won't volunteer to purposely "possibly" slow their car down when their competitors don't.

The only way it will work is if it is mandated, and on top of that test on both sides of the track. This way you don't hav epeopel just turnign there exhuat exit depending on where the meter is.

I remember a 914 at a Chin driving event at roebling blowing around 100 on the front straight and around 100 between 2 and 3 about a foot ball field away!
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Prior to SCCA introducing their first noise limits (108 Db) I was running around 112 with megaphones on my 911. After a winter of exhaust work on the dyno, I came back with the same car and posted 93 Db and was a second faster.
    I spent a lot of time with Bill Scott at Summit Point trying to convince him to post his own track noise limits for all events (not just SCCA's events which are now 103 Db.) The marque clubs think noise if fast and we all suffer the neighbor's displeasure because of that. Bill didn't see a need since his track was grandfathered. You can tell the difference on which club is at the track easily from two miles away from Summit.
    I'm totally in support of reductions in sound levels to keep using any track facilities.
    Chuck