View Poll Results: I would like the IT rules to allow removal of dual purpose vestiges.

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

76 58.02%
  • No

55 41.98%

Thread: A Poll Regarding the IT Rules Set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    Not true. The sacred process which produces exact and correct weights without the need of human intervention must already be making adjustments for those with the correct sensors versus those that lack them versus those that drive antiques with carbs.
    While I've been around a few years, I'm new enough that I'm not sure about this. Does the process already adjust for these variables? Did it adjust for carb vs. FI BEFORE opening up ECU's. Are the same adjustment still in play after the changes that have been made?

Quote Originally Posted by spawpoet View Post
    While I've been around a few years, I'm new enough that I'm not sure about this. Does the process already adjust for these variables? Did it adjust for carb vs. FI BEFORE opening up ECU's. Are the same adjustment still in play after the changes that have been made?
    YEs, and no. Depends on the car, and the point in history. Certainly early on, weights were set, and THEN the ECU rule was opened to some degree. (chips, in the box). Now, it is assumed that ECU gains are part of the package.

As to sensor ease of installation/usage, no, the Process doesn't parse car models that fine. It is (the sensor package) under discussion.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com